Commercial and Environmental Benefits
Recovery and re-use
- The Thermomechanical Cuttings Cleaner (TCC®), an advanced thermal desorption technology.
- The expensive drilling fluids can be re-used in new muds.
- The valuable components of the waste are not dumped or re-injected but recovered and re-used.
Efficient treatment of oily drilling waste
- Drilling waste consists of small pieces of rock, the cuttings, which break away due to the action of the bit teeth. The cuttings are screened out of the liquid mud system at the shale shakers.
- The drill cuttings is the largest waste stream generated while drilling for hydrocarbons.
- The amount of drill cuttings generated and the value of the drilling fluids continue to grow as a consequence of the more sophisticated drilling technologies and deeper boreholes.
- The impact on the environment is potentially huge if the drill cuttings are not treated properly.
- The environmental regulations are becoming increasingly stringent in many oil producing territories.
- The TCC® is able to efficiently separate the oil from the solids, enabling the oil to be commercialised, and ensuring the solids are non-hazardous to the environment.
- No complicated logistics and less handling.